Agriculture project promoted by SPEECH reduces the poverty and improve the economic growth through improved food production and security at household level on sustainable food availability, food access and food utilization in targeted areas. The main approaches are being used in SPEECH is:
Main Nutrients of our Organic Fertilizer:
- SPEECH produces the Organic Fertilizer contains natural phosphorus biocalcium Nitrogen, Potash, Phosphorus and Calcium.
- It is an effective fertilizer, which has almost 16 types of the trace elements for the crop growth and yield. Since, it has the beneficial bacteria like Rhyzobium; it fixes the atmospheric nitrogen in soil. It is made by mixing of organic Component like decomposed Organic matter, bone meal and effective micro organisms.
- Food produced organically has always commanded a higher price than conventionally produced food. The organic fertilizer produced in SPEECH is suitable for almost all the crops and increases the yield in high quality.
- Our forefathers under traditional agricultural system were using only plant and animal wastes as manure.
- Over the years, due to adoption of soil fertility management practices involving exclusively inorganic fertilizer, it become hazardous in the long run depleting the soil fertilities, distorting the soil health and declining the quality of the agricultural produces.
- This is the right time to choose the organic manure for sustainable agriculture.
Training provided in SPEECH for SHGs /Farmers:
- SPEECH periodically trainings the SHGs and also the farmers in Organic farming Principles, Concept , Components, Bio input production of organic farming.
- Soil fertility management, Use of natural resources. Organic crop production technologies, Low cost input management, Organic methods of pest and disease management with Panchakavya.
- With the increase in population SPEECH understands the compulsion would be not only to stabilize agricultural production but to increase it further in sustainable manner, thus, a natural balance needs are maintained for existence of life and property.
The key Characteristics of Organic Farming Promoted by SPEECH Include
- Protecting the long term fertility of soils by maintaining organic matter levels, encouraging soil biological activity, and careful mechanical intervention;
- Providing crop nutrients indirectly using relatively insoluble nutrient sources which are made available to the plant by the action of soil micro-organisms;
- Nitrogen self-sufficiency through the use of legumes and biological nitrogen fixation, as well as effective recycling of organic materials including crop residues and livestock manures;
- The extensive management of livestock, paying full regard to their evolutionary adaptations, behavioural needs and animal welfare issues with respect to nutrition, housing, health, breeding and rearing;
- Careful attention to the impact of the farming system on the wider environment and the conservation of wildlife and natural habitats.